Following the Prime Minister’s statement of Tuesday 22nd September on new national restrictions to help combat the spread of Covid-19, we have outlined below the key points and any changes this may have for members, visitors and staff at the Golf Club
The updates do not alter the existing regulations on how to play the game, but do require changes in practice for how clubhouse facilities are operated.
The key points are as follows:
- Club/ facilities must display an official NHS QR Code for track and trace – All members and visitors MUST use the Track & Trace app where possible
- Face coverings must be worn by staff, golfers and visitors in all public areas except when seated in the bar and restaurant. This will mean when entering any part of the Golf Club (in doors) a face mask must be worn, even if this is to use the toilet and touch screen for entering scores
- Clubhouse must close by 10.00pm
- Food and beverage will be table service only or take-away, no customers to approach the bar area at anytime. A member of staff will serve you at the table and payment will be taken here also
- Please remember only 6 people per table, and everyone must stay seated and not move around tables
If you have any queries please don’t hesitate to contact us.
The Golf Team at Stoneleigh
Monday 24th August
Congratulations to Barry Spring who topped the leader board with a score 40
In 2nd Place also with 40 points was Bill Griffin
In 3rd Place with 39 points was Colin Yapp
In 4th Place with 38 points was David Thorne
Well done to all the winners!
Monday 20th & Tuesday 21st July
Congratulations to David Templeton who topped the leader board with a great score 45 points
2nd & 3rd Place was decided on count back and awarded as follows:
2nd Place - Jan Grzegorczyk - 42 points
3rd Place - Peter Manger - 42 points
4th Place - Alan Brushett with 41 points
2's Winners - Ron Maudlin, Neil Mucklow, Jim Jobson, Len Bennett, Trevor Sidaway, David Templeton & Pete Manger
COVID 19 UPDATE - COURSE OPENING
Golf Course Closed until Further Notice
Following on from the Prime Minister’s statement on 23rd March, all Golf Clubs and Golf Courses in England must now close.
It is our Golf Clubs position that this deeply regrettable, but highly necessary and responsible course of action must be implemented with immediate effect and be maintained until further notice.The government has identified an urgent need to introduce new restrictions on public life and on non-essential businesses opening their doors.
This has been done to limit the spread of the coronavirus and relieve the growing pressure on our National Health Service.
Keeping Golf Courses open is simply no longer compatible with the updated policy of government which is designed to save lives in a time of national emergency.
The health and wellbeing of the nation is the only consideration that matters at this moment in our history, these are incredibly testing times for the country.
May we take this opportunity to thank you all for supporting the club during these testing times. We can assure you that when the restrictions are lifted, the course will be looking great and ready for you to play your game again.
For now please Stay at home and Stay Safe!
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- May 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020
- December 2019
- November 2019
- October 2019
- September 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- June 2019
- May 2019
- April 2019
- March 2019
- February 2019
- January 2019
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018