The Stags are the Senior Men’s Section of the Stoneleigh Deer Park Golf Club. Established in 1993, the section is open to club members aged 55 or over who are retired or semi-retired.
The annual subscription of £5 gives Stags eligibility into the following:
· Monthly Medal competitions played off the white tees
· Stableford competitions played off the yellow tees
(a minimum of 1 per Month)
· The summer and winter Eclectic competitions
· Away-days at other courses;
· Eligibility to play for the Stags in 28 matches played against other clubs in the area, including
the John Reay Trophy
· An inter Club Winter League
· The Stags Annual Championship
· Other special competitions (usually held on Mondays) including Texas Scrambles, Shambles, Medfords,
3 Clubs, Stags v Ladies, Captains v Vice Captains, Pairs Better Ball, the Ces Dowson AM/AM and
the Sid Jackson Pairs
· The summer and winter knock out singles and pair’s competitions are also available for an
entry fee of £5.
There are currently over 120 Stags and our main aim is to enjoy our golf in convivial company. The nature of the Stags competitions and matches mixes everyone up giving an opportunity of making friends outside your normal circle. All events and matches are open to players of all handicaps and if you don’t have a current handicap, entering our competitions is the fastest way of getting one.
Stags enrolment forms and subscription envelopes are held in the Club office and the Pro Shop.
On Monday and Tuesday mornings, tee times are normally reserved for the Stags between 8.00 and 9.00, just turn up and join in; it’s as simple as that.
Stoneleigh has a fantastic history of fund raising for charity and this year we will be supporting the The Pam Britton Trust for Dementia (a local charity for Alzheimer’s)
We have many great golfing and social events organised for the year so please join in the friendly fun as often as you can to help these wonderful charities.
On your behalf the activities and finances of the Stags section is organised by a committee.
The Stags Committee is elected annually at our January meeting and, from 1st April 2018 will comprise :
Martin Darbey Stags Captain
Paul Steward Vice Captain
Paul Turner Handicap Secretary
Nigel Palmer Secretary
Richard Parham Competitions Secretary
Keith James Treasurer
Mike Gilbey Immediate Past Captain
I hope you all have a great golfing year and I look forward to seeing as many of you taking part in the various competitions .
Stags Captain 2018/19