CONGU changes 2016
ENGLAND GOLF - final decisions(17/06/15)
All Changes to take effect from 1st January 2016
1. Manual - It was agreed that a shorter booklet containing the prinicipal changes would be produced to be used as an addendum to the existing Manual. This revision would be limited to 2016-2017. The Manual still to be produced electronically including CSS tables.
2. Calendar year to be adopted - 1 Jan - 31 Dec
3. Initial Handicaps - to be allocated in line with Annual Handicap Review formula/algorithm
4. Handicap Category Boundaries - It was agreed that no change would be made to the existing handicap category boundaries. However, a new 'Club Handicap' will be introduced for clubs who wish to allocate a handicap higher than 28/36 for use in club run events. This handicap will only be valid at the player's home club and cannot be used in opens etc.
5. Preferred Lies - Each National Union to have discretion to adopt a preferred lie period within their jurisdiction. England Golf will remain as 1st October to 30th April, preferred lies outside this period must be authorised by your County Union / Association.
6. CSS Calculation for men - to include Cat. 4 players in the same manner as Ladies CSS calculation
7. Qualifying Nine Hole Scores
a. A score returned better than, or within, BZ will have 18 points addes to create an 18 hole score
b. A score returned outside BZ will be doubled
c. 9 -Hole Scores will be included in the ESR process
8. Continuous handicap Review - Introduction of a process to flag players with 7 consecutive 0.1 handicap increased so that Handicap Committees can review and apply an immediate handicap increase if required.
9. 4BBB Handicap Allowance to be increased form 3/4 to 90%
10. Competition Status
a. Re-allocation of 'c' status handicap will require scorecards of 54 holes, in any permutation of 9 and 18-hole scores
b. All Unions/Associations to use 'c' Competition Handicap Satus from 1 Jan 2016
c. Reactivation of 'c' status Handicap after handicap lost - if a player with a 'c' Competition Handicap leaves club membership but re-joins within a period of 12 mmonths his handicap will be re-instated as 'c'
11. Supplementary Scores
a. May be returned at all GB&I clubs of which a player is a member
b. Acceptable over 9-holes (Handicap Categories 2 and above)
c. Unlimited for handicaps 28/36/54
12. Exceptional Scoring Reductions (ESRs)
a. Table has been amended to reduce severity of reductions
b. ESRs will only be applied based on a pair of exceptional scores (ES).
Eg. ES1 + ES 2 = ERS1, ES3 + ES4 = esr2