Golf Course Closed until Further Notice
Following on from the Prime Minister’s statement on 23rd March, all Golf Clubs and Golf Courses in England must now close.
It is our Golf Clubs position that this deeply regrettable, but highly necessary and responsible course of action must be implemented with immediate effect and be maintained until further notice.The government has identified an urgent need to introduce new restrictions on public life and on non-essential businesses opening their doors.
This has been done to limit the spread of the coronavirus and relieve the growing pressure on our National Health Service.
Keeping Golf Courses open is simply no longer compatible with the updated policy of government which is designed to save lives in a time of national emergency.
The health and wellbeing of the nation is the only consideration that matters at this moment in our history, these are incredibly testing times for the country.
May we take this opportunity to thank you all for supporting the club during these testing times. We can assure you that when the restrictions are lifted, the course will be looking great and ready for you to play your game again.
For now please Stay at home and Stay Safe!
Golf Club Update
Due to Government Guidelines the Cluhouse and Restaurant will be closed and Takeaway food will not be available until further notice
The Golf Course is open as normal with some strict guidelines which must be adhered to, please see below:
Golf Course Rules
- DO NOT play in large groups and stick to the 2 metre social distancing rule and always keep a gap between groups teeing off and on the Golf Course
- During this period scorecards will not be provided
- DO NOT share equipment i.e. Golf Clubs, range finders etc…
- DO NOT take out the Flagstick when playing or retrieving your ball, flagsticks must be left in the hole at all times
- DO NOT shake hands at the end of your round, avoid all physical contact
- Only pick up your own Golf Ball
- Rakes have been removed from the course, smooth over any uneven sand with your feet
- The buggy on the 15th hole has been removed until further notice
- The flags on the putting green have been removed, but you can continue to use the practice putting green
- The air compressor for cleaning shoes will not be available until further notice
- Please come to the Golf Course “Golf Ready” i.e. put Golf Shoes on in the Car Park
- Please wash your hands with soap and hot water for 20 seconds after your round
Trophy Winners 2019
A huge Congratulations to all of the Lady Trophy Winners for 2019!
Nancy Clarke Cup – Sue Walker
Championship Challenge Trophy – Mel Kefford
St. Andrew Breeze Trophy – Ann Whitehouse
Massey Ferguson – Sandra Curtis
Pairs Trophy – Ann Lloyd & Mel Kefford
Pairs Plate – Shirley Proctor & Sandra Curtis
Club Nett Champion – Alison Chappell
Player of The Year – Cheryl Turner
Par Bar – Rose Walker
Birdie Tree –Sandra Curtis
Final Medal Trophy – Sandra Curtis
Summer Eclectic – Shirley Proctor
Lady Club Champion – Sandra Curtis
Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you all!
Ladies Tee Times for Winter
There will be no allocated tee times during the winter months.
Please turn up to play each Tuesday if you wish, the tee times will be allocated on the day by picking a "Ball from the Bag"
If weather is bad or course not playable, we can meet for coffee in the Clubhouse between 12pm -1pm if people are interested.
Kind Regards Linda Johnson
Ladies Tee Times
There will be no allocated tee times for Tuesday 5th November. Please just turn up to play and the tee times will be drawn out of a hat.
Any ladies who have no entered the Christmas competition or put their name down for the Christmas meal (both happening on Monday 2nd December), and would like to, please either write your name down on the sheet in the ladies changing room for the competition, or speak to Louise if you would like to attend the meal.